Each semester at Tufts, over a period of 13 weeks, I engage 30-35 students in a unique, hands-on, tools-based experience of preparing them for the real world of business in general and specifically the complexities of working in today's exciting environment of Marketing and Sales. As a result, I...
- teach marketing as a set of strategies and tools: SWOT, Value Props, CMS, segmentation, pricing, and so on
- wrap in four HBS case studies to support both marketing strategies and their use of integrated technologies
- take road trips to Brainshark and HubSpot since we use their technology platforms in class
- accept complex, semester-long marketing projects from six real companies
- assign those company projects to teams of five juniors and seniors
- blend class content into each of the company projects
Which leads me to look for 6 new companies each semester.
Right now, I'm taking applications for the upcoming fall, 2014 semester. If you're interested, please email me at email@example.com, and I will send you an overview of what's involved and instructions. Last November, I had 32 companies request information, and we accepted 6. Currently, I have three companies signed up, so I'm looking for three more for the fall.
A truly unique opportunity for both the companies and the students.
...which is the primary reason why I teach. The other reason is that the process of teaching a subject like Marketing, that changes dramatically every year, hopefully keeps me to remain on the competitive edge for both Marketing and the coming revolution in Sales. And finally, it's a lot of rewarding fun!
Please let me know if you're interested.