Here in Vermont today dealing with yet another contractor issue. Had to take the day off from work, deal with Vermonters (said he lovingly being a 7th generation Vermonter), and drive 6 hours back and forth. It is what it is, but the trip up late last night did remind me of this summer's hotly debated "Battle of the Winhall River" in the town.
The town of Winhall, called "Winhall" by the state government and "Bondville" by the federal government (go figure-only in Vermont) is all of 775 people. "Downtown" is a don't-blink-blip-in-the-road of four real estate firms, one (excellent) property management company, a 7-11 gas station and the Winhall General Store on one side of the street directly facing the Bondville Post Office on the other side. Quiet and Vermontish and, most importantly, sits at the base of the best skiing and riding in the East-the Stratton Mountain Resort.
Quiet, that is, until the Summer of 2013 "Battle of the Winhall River"
- Local guy's dog dies
- Distraught, he erects stones in the meandering Winhall River to commemorate dog.
Bottom line: personal threats, sticks and brooms being raised in defiance, colliding cars and now the town is divided: stones/no stones. But in a state where there are no guns laws and 95% of Vermonters own guns, having hotly contested arguments in Vermont is nothing to be laughed at.
- Mostly gone are "the bad ol' days" of Marketing when new products and pricing were simply thrown over the wall and the memo writing immediately began blaming Sales for their inability to sell.
- Also mostly gone are the battle cries of "these leads suck; they're old, no good, and not in my territory"
- The best leads nurtured all the way thorough Marketing-land
- The best tools such as Pitch decks, demos, & Value Props
- Common vocabularies and metrics defining "leads", "MQLs", & "SQLs"
- Marketing quotas that tie directly into the waterfall math of Sales quotas
- Integrated CRM and CMS systems with consistently sync'd apps.
- Just 3 openings left
- Gain tactical impact for Q4
- Learn new Best Practices for 2014
- Adopt new strategies for 2014 planning
- Understand the next technologies
During our upcoming 2013 Sales Management Boot Camp, we'll talk a lot about the best sales planning practices of...
-Creating Value Propositions
-Hiring & Retaining the very best salespeople...plus many more topics
Late Sunday afternoon, October 6th through Tuesday afternoon, October 8th at theMIT Endicott House. Six years, 350+ highly satisfied graduates!