In abnormal times like now, we bring deep experience and hands-on expertise in...
- ...tactical strategy & business planning
- ...improving sales productivity & sales enablement
- ...improving and optimizing marketing lead gen
All of us initially came out of corporate America positions where we grew up as operating managers in Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Talent Management, and Finance.
Through lots of hard work and long hours over the years, getting our fingers dirty, running through airports and grinding away at business plans and spreadsheets-along with a bit of luck-we all became senior executives at companies such as Honeywell, Becton Dickinson, Kontron Instruments, Control Data, Price Waterhouse, Zoom Telephonics, and Litton Industries along with many, many emerging and middle-market businesses.
The value we bring is hands-on successful experience!
With a senior manager background largely formed at Becton Dickinson, Datamedix and Litton Industries, Jack formed Derby Management in 1990 after successfully selling his then most recent company, Mayer Electronics.
Along the way, given the nature of what we do in terms of our business planning and sales and marketing productivity work, we've raised over $840 million in both venture capital and private equity fundraising in a total of 54 deals through both our own companies and others that have been led by our customers.
WHY CHOOSE DERBY MANAGEMENT?
- The specific value that we know we provide and the skills that differentiate us from other consultants and earn us the right to say that we’re experienced business coaches is that we actually have deep, heavily experienced, hands-on operating experience as CEOs, VPs of Sales & Marketing, VPs of Human Resources and CFOs.
- All of us have led very successful companies and have had direct P&L responsibilities earned across a wide variety of industries ranging in size from enterprise to startups. We've also coupled that success with failures that has resulted in numerous "Lessons Learned" that we also bring to our customers.
- We take you along the entire path from strategy to tactics to execution with consistent coaching.
We've Sat in Your Chair. We know chaos and survival
- We’ve sat in the CEO, CFO, VPs of Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Human Resource chairs. With our companies, we’ve been responsible not only for great successes, but also for discovering the best paths to accelerated growth.
- We've worked through very difficult survival and turnaround times when it did not appear that there were any opportunities for growth, and also taken good growth situations and accelerated them into spectacular growth through our Sales and Marketing productivity processes and tools. We may not have experienced a pandemic before, but we successful survived and grown through numerous downturns from Black Friday to 9/11 through the recession...and always come out as winners!
We focus specifically on both earlier stage and middle market companies, located primarily in New England, New York and Eastern Canada, with annual revenues between $5 and $250 million. Our customers range across a purposefully broad spectrum of markets from industrial manufacturing to healthcare services to IT hardware, to software to financial services including both family businesses and investor-owned companies.
We’d welcome the opportunity to talk and provide you with a confidential sounding board to share your ideas.
Just give Jack a call at 617-504-4222, to discuss your areas of growth in your business, and we'll get together for a whiteboarding session as the first step.