Create tactical deliverables at your retreats
Pre Covid, we believed firmly in the process of taking management teams away from the physical location of their offices so that everyone, as a team, had the opportunity to reflect and think deliberately through the longer term growth strategies and short terms tactics that would to be employed to ensure the growth of the business. Today, and for the balance of 2020 deep into 2021, we do not feel that anyone is going to be comfortable with physical retreats.
The very good news is that we have been teaching online at MIT and Tufts for some time, and we have adapted those same mechanism, procedures and technologies to our online whiteboarding and retreat sessions
We use these processes to accomplish a number of objectives depending on the deliverables set out by senior management team.
-Strategy and business planning.
-Quarterly business plan reviews
-Quarterly Sales & Marketing plan reviews
We guarantee that we can...
-Solve the issues of slower growth
-Explore openly new opportunities
-Reach full management agreement
Identify objectives & create action plans
Different from most management retreats, since all of us have deep backgrounds in operating companies, we can guarantee that the outputs of these retreats will be very tactical such that everyone leaves these meetings not only with full directional agreement and total buy-in but also with specific deliverables, timelines and assignments.
These retreats range from...
- A full or half day diagnostic virtual Whiteboarding Sessions to...
- Multi-day senior team management virtual retreats to...
- Two morning Sales and/or Marketing Process sessions
- Quarterly reviews of Sales and Marketing best practices
Each of these programs is meant to bring individuals collectively together, build tight directional and tactical agreement among all of the team and define specific accountabilities and responsibilities.
In 2020 and deep into 2021, all of these retreats are virtual using Zoom or Teams. Sometime in the second half of 2021, we will assess the landscape and perhaps return to our favorite venues, which become part of the bonding experience. We make sure that we hold these meetings in interesting locations with comfortable surroundings and excellent food and accommodations since what we have found over the years of facilitating hundreds of these meetings is that the retreat environment is very important to stimulating management effectiveness and creativity. Locations that we typically use, and where we are able to arrange "special accommodations" , are...
- The MIT Endicott House in Dedham, MA
- The University Club of Boston
- The Stratton Mountain Club at Stratton Resort, VT
- The Wentworth in Rye, NH
Our responsibility is to provide...
- all of the meeting facilitation
- all the management of the logistics
- prep materials, interactive note taking and follow-up summary notes
- management exercises during the retreat
- all of the note taking and summary slides
- full agreement among all of your team