George Simmons, Senior Partner, Derby Management
George Simmons has over 25 years of executive experience in Finance, venture fundraising, strategic and business planning, Sales, Sales Analytics,and Operations at both public and private companies growing 30% to 70% per year.
At Derby Management, George specializes in working with early stage and middle market technology. manufacturing, distribution and service companies providing a variety of services including….
- ...Providing financial overview and related coaching services
- ...Facilitating both strategic and business planning sessions
- …Providing detailed management quarterly plan follow up
- ...Hands-on development of sales processes that shrink selling cycles
- …Identifying relevant sales analytics that uncover hidden selling problems
- …Implementing sales metrics that improve forecasting accuracy
- …Managing hiring and onboarding programs resulting in “A” level salespeople and managers
- …Interim executive management
- …Providing Financial, Sales, and Operational models and proformas
You can contact George directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
George Simmons, Head Coach, Derby Management
George Simmons has been a Senior Partner at Derby Management for 19 years. He has served as CEO, COO, CFO, and Head of Sales for both public and private companies in a variety of industries including Software, Tech Hardware, Medical Services, Distribution, Industrial Products, and Packaging.
George specializes in projects involving Sales Optimization Processes, Sales Management Recruiting, Sales Management design, Value Propositions, as well as Finance, Capital Planning, and Fundraising.
As a long-time member of Launchpad Venture Group in Boston, one of largest angel investor groups in the U.S., and at Cherrystone Angels in Providence, George has been active in funding early stage companies. Both groups combined have invested over $100M in entrepreneurial ventures.
George’s background covers a range a business challenges including:
- President of an industrial company turning it profitable in 3 months after 4 years of no profits
- Multiple Sales Optimization assignments for growth companies
- President of a tech Packaging firm recapitalizing it with new investors
- COO of a Tech Medical Services with complex sales and distribution challenges
- CFO of Zoom Technologies when they grew from $12M to $70M in three years
- Numerous successful merger and acquisition deals
George lives with his wife and large golden retriever on the ocean south of Boston and is active in a variety of maritime and coastal organizations. He is a graduate of SUNY Fredonia and Northeastern’s MBA program
George's cell 508-789-7246