Create tactical deliverables at your retreats
Pre-Covid, we firmly believed in separating management teams from the physical locations of their offices. This gives the entire team a better opportunity to fully reflect and think deliberately through longer term growth strategies and short term tactics, in order to ensure the growth of the business.
The very good news is that we have been teaching online at MIT for years and at Tufts for 2020, 2021 and now 2022, and we have adapted that fluency and those same mechanisms, procedures and technologies to our online whiteboarding and retreat sessions.
We use these processes to accomplish a number of objectives depending on the deliverables set out by senior management team.
-Strategy and business planning.
-Quarterly business plan reviews.
-Quarterly Sales/Marketing plans.
We guarantee that we can...
-Solve the issues of slower growth
-Explore openly new opportunities
-Reach full management agreement
Identify objectives/create action plans
Different from most management retreats, since all of us have deep backgrounds in operating companies, we guarantee that the outputs of these online retreats will be very tactical, such that everyone leaves these meetings not only with full directional agreement and total buy-in, but also with specific deliverables, timelines and assignments.
These retreats range from...
- half day diagnostic virtual Whiteboarding Sessions to...
- two back-to-back half day virtual senior management session to...
- two back-to-back morning Sales and/or Marketing sessions
- Quarterly reviews of Sales and Marketing best practices
Each of these programs is meant to bring individuals collectively together, build tight directional and tactical agreement among all of the team, and define specific accountabilities and responsibilities.
In 2021, most of these retreats were virtual using Zoom or Teams.
In 2022, we have a healthy mixture of both virtual and face-to-face meetings still at our favorite locations listed below. We make sure that we hold these meetings in interesting locations with comfortable surroundings and excellent food and accommodations since what we have found over the years of facilitating hundreds of these is that the retreat environment is very important to stimulating management effectiveness and creativity. Locations that we typically use, and where we are able to arrange "special accommodations" , are...
- The MIT Endicott House in Dedham, MA
- The University Club of Boston
- The Stratton Mountain Club at Stratton Resort, VT
- The Wentworth in Rye, NH
Our responsibility is to provide...
- all of the meeting facilitation
- all the management of the logistics
- prep materials, interactive note taking and follow-up summary notes
- management exercises during the retreat
- all of the note taking and summary slides
- getting to full agreement among all of your team