Create tactical deliverables at your retreats
Pre-Covid, we believed firmly in the process of taking management teams away from the physical location of their offices so that everyone, as a team, had the opportunity to reflect and think deliberately through the longer term growth strategies and short terms tactics that would to be employed to ensure the growth of the business. Today, and for the balance of 2021, we do not feel that anyone is going to be comfortable with physical retreats.
The very good news is that we have been teaching online at MIT for years and at Tufts for 2020 and now 2021, and we have adapted that fluency and those same mechanism, procedures and technologies to our online whiteboarding and retreat sessions.
We use these processes to accomplish a number of objectives depending on the deliverables set out by senior management team.
-Strategy and business planning.
-Quarterly business plan reviews
-Quarterly Sales/Marketing plans
We guarantee that we can...
-Solve the issues of slower growth
-Explore openly new opportunities
-Reach full management agreement
Identify objectives/create action plans
Different from most management retreats, since all of us have deep backgrounds in operating companies, we guarantee that the outputs of these online retreats will be very tactical such that everyone leaves these meetings not only with full directional agreement and total buy-in but also with specific deliverables, timelines and assignments.
These retreats range from...
- half day diagnostic virtual Whiteboarding Sessions to...
- two back-to-back half day virtual senior management session to...
- two back-to-back morning Sales and/or Marketing sessions
- Quarterly reviews of Sales and Marketing best practices
Each of these programs is meant to bring individuals collectively together, build tight directional and tactical agreement among all of the team and define specific accountabilities and responsibilities.
In 2021, all of these retreats are virtual using Zoom or Teams.
In early 2022, we will assess the landscape and perhaps return to our favorite venues, which become part of the bonding experience. We make sure that we hold these meetings in interesting locations with comfortable surroundings and excellent food and accommodations since what we have found over the years of facilitating hundreds of these meetings is that the retreat environment is very important to stimulating management effectiveness and creativity. Locations that we typically use, and where we are able to arrange "special accommodations" , are...
- The MIT Endicott House in Dedham, MA
- The University Club of Boston
- The Stratton Mountain Club at Stratton Resort, VT
- The Wentworth in Rye, NH
Our responsibility is to provide...
- all of the meeting facilitation
- all the management of the logistics
- prep materials, interactive note taking and follow-up summary notes
- management exercises during the retreat
- all of the note taking and summary slides
- getting to full agreement among all of your team