Create tactical deliverables at your retreats
Pre-Covid, we firmly believed in separating management teams from the physical locations of their offices. This gave the entire team a better opportunity to fully reflect and think deliberately through longer term growth strategies and short term tactics, in order to ensure the growth of the business.
The very good news is that we had been teaching online at MIT for years and at Tufts for through Covid in 2020, and we never missed a beat with 30-40 students at a time. We've now adapted that fluency and those same mechanisms, procedures and technologies to our all of our whiteboarding and retreat sessions whether they are F2F at one of our retreat locations or totally online. For example, we just completed a very successful 3 month online series sessions building a new marketing process with a large corporation in Japan.
We use these processes to accomplish a number of objectives depending on the deliverables set out by senior management team.
-Strategy and business planning.
-Quarterly business plan reviews.
-Quarterly Sales/Marketing plans.
We guarantee that we can...
-Achieve your growth objectives
-Explore new opportunities
-Reach full management agreement
Identify objectives/create action plans
Different from most management retreats, since all of us have deep backgrounds in running companies, we guarantee that the outputs of these online retreats will be very tactical, such that everyone leaves these meetings not only with full directional agreement and total buy-in, but also with specific deliverables, timelines and assignments.
These retreats range from...
- half day diagnostic virtual Whiteboarding Sessions to...
- two back-to-back day or helf-day business planning sessions to...
- two back-to-back morning Sales and/or Marketing sessions
- Quarterly reviews of Sales and Marketing best practices
Each of these programs is meant to bring individuals collectively together, build tight directional and tactical agreement among all of the team, and define specific accountabilities and responsibilities.
In 2020-2021, most of these retreats were virtual using Zoom or Teams. In 2023, we had a healthy mixture of both virtual and face-to-face meetings still at our favorite locations listed below. Today, we have predominantly returned to F2F meetings. We alsoo make sure that we hold these meetings in interesting locations with comfortable surroundings and excellent food and accommodations since what we have found over the years of facilitating hundreds of these is that the retreat environment is very important to stimulating management effectiveness and creativity.
The locations that we typically use, and where we are able to arrange "special accommodations" , are...
- The MIT Endicott House in Dedham, MA
- The University Club of Boston
- The Stratton Mountain Club at Stratton Resort, VT
- The Wentworth in Portsmouth, NH
- all the meeting facilitation
- all the management of the logistics
- prep materials, interactive note taking and follow-up summary notes
- management exercises during the retreat
- all the note taking and summary slides
- getting to full agreement among all of your team