Writing a Business Plan
Writing and editing business plans is a time-consuming and difficult task, especially if the result is not understood or, worse, it is simply not read. We really understand business plans. Each year, we review more than 500 plans and are actively involved in the creation or editing of another 50 to 75. As authors of business plans and cofounders of a number of startups, we make sure our business plans reflect the beliefs, the dreams, and the vision of both the CEO and the entire management team..
As a result of this experience and through our active involvement as early stage venture and later stafe private equity investors along with our active involvement in the fundraising ecosystem of Boston...
Over the years, Jack has been...
- Chairman of the MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge,
- Vice Chairmas of the Smaller Business Association of New England
- Chairman of the Association of Corporate Growth
- Chairman of Common Angel Ventures,
As a result of this experience and a continuing active involvement as...
- A Partner at Common Angel Ventures
- A Lecturer at MIT's in business planning
- A Professor in Entreprenuer Leadership Studies at Tufts
Additonally, George Simmons, has been...
- An active investor and member of the Screening Committee at Launchpad Ventures
- An active investor in Cherrystone Angels
- A frequent lecturer for the Rhode Island Business Plan Competition
And, last, but my no means least,since he has the most direct experience, Bob Creeden brings the firm...
- 30 years of active experience as a venture capitalist in Boston and in North Carolina
- Investment Officer at Mass Ventures
- Partner at Egan Managed Capital
- Founder of the Partners Innovation Fund
Reading the "Writing the Winning Business Plan" is only the beginning of the process. Just as with learning how to drive a car or how to play a sport, reading the rules was usually not good enough to enable you to become an expert. At those times in your life, you needed a coach. Writing business plans is no different. If you are already an expert, then Writing the Winning Business Plan will provide you with a tune-up. If you are not, then you’re typical of the both the entrepreneur and the seasoned business manager with whom we work.
"Derby Management was with us at the very beginning of our new business. We worked hand in hand on the business plan, engaging in active debates at every decision point. The plan was rock solid and delivered. As the business grew at a meteoric rate passing the $100 million dollar mark, our management team had to assume increasing responsibilities - yet they'd only been on the job for two years. Derby Management was there for us again, driving home the systematic approach to business planning and critical on-time execution of the plan."
- Ellen Frank, CEO, Serono