We do "just four things" really, really well, and we're bold and comfortable enough to say that we're deeply experienced, hands-on experts in the areas of...
- Strategic & Business Planning for the senior management team
- Sales & Marketing productivity improvement
- Website Optimization and Improved lead gen
- One-on-one Senior Manager Coaching for CEOs and heads of sales
With a senior manager background largely formed at Becton Dickinson, Datamedix and Litton Industries, Jack formed Derby Management in 1990 after successfully selling his then most recent company, Mayer Electronics. Over the past twenty five plus years since then, the firm has grown steadily with senior additions of partners such as George Simmons, Jan Olmstead, Bob Creeden, Steve Wentzell and John Routhier.
Along the way, given the nature of what we do in terms of strategic planning, we've raised over $840 million in both venture and private equity fundraisings in a total of 54 deals-some our own companies and others that have been captained by our customers.
Having said all of this, there are lots of consulting firms that can do the same.
The derby management Value Proposition
- The specific value that we know we provide and the skills that differentiate us from other consultants and earn us the right to say that we’re experienced Business Coaches is that we actually have deep, heavily experienced, hands-on operating experience as CEOs, VPs of Sales & Marketing, VPs of Human Resources and CFOs.
- All of us have led very successful companies and have had direct P&L responsibilities earned across a wide variety of industries ranging in size from enterprise to startups. We've also coupled that success with a number of failures that has resulted in numerous "Lessons Learned"
- We take you the entire path from from Strategy to Planning Tactics to Execution and Coaching.
We've Sat in Your Chair.
We’ve sat in the CEO, CFO, VPs of Sales & Marketin, Manufacturing, Engineering and Human Resource chairs. With our companies, we’ve been responsible for great successes, but along those paths, we’ve also worked our way through very difficult survival and turnaround times when it did not appear that there were any opportunities for growth.
We focus specifically on both earlier stage and middle market companies, located primarily in New England, New York and Eastern Canada, with annual revenues between $5 and $250 million. Our customers range across a purposefully broad spectrum of markets from industrial manufacturing to healthcare services to IT hardware, to software to financial services, and they include both family businesses and investor-owned companies.
We’d welcome the opportunity to talk and provide you with a sounding board to share your ideas.
Just give Jack a call at 617-504-4222, to discuss your areas of growth in your business, and we'll get together for a whiteboarding session as the first step.