As a marketing & sales guy, I really dislike the word "FREE".
About to head out to Tufts this crisp fall morning, and I'm already leaping ahead thinking about the spring, 2017 semester, and of course about Sales.
When I put this four to six month look ahead in timing into perspective, it's exactly the same process that we're right now experiencing with our customers in their 2017-2019 strategy planning and in their detailed sales and marketing tactical planning for next year.
13 Weeks of marketing classes ended yesterday at Tufts...
- The semester's 16 page syllabus was sent out on December 27th
- Along with five complex, semester-long, corporate marketing projects
- Five teams were formed around each project requiring research and full marketing plans
- We tackled three HBR cases studies during the first four weeks
- We took field trips to Hubspot & Brainshark to learn their platforms
- We learned blogging, keyword definitions, content construction...and a lot more
- We filled a toolbox with SWOT, Targeting, Persona, Pricing, and Value Proposition tools
Each semester at Tufts, over a period of 13 weeks, I engage 30-35 students in a unique, hands-on, tools-based experience of preparing them for the real world of business in general and specifically the complexities of working in today's exciting environment of Marketing and Sales. As a result, I...